Monday, 21 May 2018

I'm having a hard time coping after breaking up with the person I live with.

I (30M) have been engaged to my fiance (25F) for almost a year now. Before that we've had an on-again-off-again dating relationship for two years. We've lived together since we got engaged and up until three weeks ago everything was fine. Better than it had ever been. But then we had a long talk and she told me (abridged) she just doesn't feel the same way she used to and doesn't think that'll ever change. It sucks, I've mourned, I'm trying to move on. The real problem is I won't be moving out until the end of July. I've got no where else to go until then and we still share a bedroom.

We've decided to keep our status on Facebook as engaged until I move out to avoid talking to our families about it. That might be pointless. I don't know. Have any of you been in a similar situation? I feel like I'm going insane because I see her almost every day, see that she's going out with other guys, and yet acts completely normal as if this means nothing to her. She's also ceased all house work leaving the laundry, dishes, cleaning, taking care of our 2 dogs, shopping, yard work, and most of the cooking to me and I already work 52 hours a week. I keep telling myself the show must go on because these things need to be taken care of yet all she does when she's not working is go out. I know it's temporary but I'm losing sanity. Are there any coping mechanisms that might help me? Thank you, for any reply.

TL;DR - My ex fiance and I still live together and it's driving me insane. Any advice on how to keep myself from completely losing my mind?

submitted by /u/kpsb333
[link] [comments]

from Relationships https://ift.tt/2Lj1pyI

No comments:

Post a Comment