Monday, 21 May 2018

Wife of 9 years (F)(31) has been going out a lot more while I (M)(30) am out of town for work. Caught her in a lie today and need advice.

So, I’ve been going on the road a lot for work lately. Something about my wife: she doesn’t typically go out and she NEVER drinks (extremely rare. Once every couple of years or so).

She changed careers about a year ago. Lately, she’s been going out with her friends pretty frequently (once or twice while I’m out of town). Sometimes it’s a bar, and sometimes it’s dinner, drinks, and a movie at a friend’s house. Her friend group consists of a few guys a a few girls. The other day, I called her and she was out again with friends. She’s stopped having long conversations and only texts me twice a day or so. When I got home yesterday, she said she wasn’t hungover. She “only had a headache because she got home so late and only had a few drinks.”

Fast forward to last night: I grabbed a glass of water from the kitchen and saw on her open phone (as she was typing) that she was embarrassed about how much she had drank the night before and how she “wasn’t looking forward to telling me about it,” and that some of her other coworkers “hoped they knew she was only joking.” I didn’t say anything, but asked how her night was. She only gave short answers.

This morning, I asked more about her night and she started getting defensive and didn’t know why I was asking so many questions. She said that she’d gotten home at 2:30 (a first, from what I know), and she was just tired when I got home, not hung over. Finally, a few hours later, I apologized and told her that I’d seen over her shoulder that I knew she had more than she had said. She said she only told her friend that because “her friend got wasted and she wanted her to think that she was on her level” and apologized profusely for “putting me in a situation that made me feel the way that made me feel,” not for being out and drinking until 3. Not for lying. I didn’t say anything about the strange vague “I hope they thought I was joking” text.

I love my wife very much. We’ve been together nearly a decade and married for 8 years, but I’m starting to get very nervous. She’s never given me a reason to be nervous before. Am I just being paranoid?

TL;DR: wife ha started going out with new people a lot and acting differently. Caught her texting about the night before and she brushed it off.

submitted by /u/Julianhyde88
[link] [comments]

from Relationships https://ift.tt/2IVugdW

No comments:

Post a Comment