Hello, so for some background we’ve been together for about two and a half years and living together for about six months. I’ve had struggles with bulimia for the past 3+ years and, with the help of therapy, I’m feeling better than ever and hardly purge anymore. I told my boyfriend about it early on and he’s always been supportive.
Last night we were at a concert and he ran into his ex. The meeting wasn’t super eventful, but when he was talking to me about it, he mentioned just kind of in passing that he forgot “how tiny she is.” I immediately started crying because I’ve always been insecure that he’s dated multiple people that are thinner than I am. I know that he didn’t make that comment to hurt me and that there’s no way he could’ve known how long/often that’s bugged me, but I still can’t stop thinking about it.
Any advice for dealing with this? I’m trying not to be mad at him, but that’s kind of a shitty thing to say to someone with an eating disorder in the first place. He apologized for making me feel that way, but I still don’t know where to go from here. Still, I haven’t been able to bring myself to eat and am getting these old feelings of inadequacy that can only be fixed by losing weight.
tl;dr my boyfriend made a comment about how tiny his ex is, triggering a lot of old thoughts about disordered eating
[link] [comments]
from Relationships https://ift.tt/2IEqbrf
No comments:
Post a Comment