Don't even know where to start. I've been with my boyfriend for 10 months. It's been the best 10 months of my life. He says he wants to marry me one day etc. I moved in after a few weeks, everything was amazing. A few months ago i found out he had cheated on his exes. He kept saying that he didn't tell me because he didn't want me to look at him differently. He stated he was a different person now.
Now some context on him. His parents split up when he was 7. He chose to stay with his dad but when his dad found a new relationship when my boyfriend was 17, he chose his new gf over my boyfriend. He went back to his mum they are very close. His mum has had cancer on and off for years. He found out a month ago she only has 6 weeks left to live.
About 2 weeks ago. He casually mentioned that his ex - who is friends with (last together 10 years ago), had just broke up with her fiance. All of a sudden they were talking alot and i got paranoid. Especially because the last time she broke up with her fiance she tried to sleep with my boyfriend (years before i came along). Anyway, I got paranoid. My boyfriend stated that he couldn't cope because I didn't trust him and broke up with me.
I went to see him he was a crying mess. I was sobbing too. I was heartbroken. I went to see my friends. That night, he went to see the ex in question and slept with her. He rang me at 1am saying he had gone for a long walk and he is sorry and wants me back but I didn't know about him sleeping with her at this point. I had a gut feeling something wasn't right. We slept together, and the next morning the exes best friend messaged me on Facebook saying that i need to talk to my boyfriend as he has something to tell me. I knew, i just knew. He broke down and told me then.
I feel broken. Absolutely shattered and broken. He keeps saying sorry and has stated he is suicidal. He keeps saying he loves me and it was a mistake. I still love him but hate him too. I'm so torn.
I went to see him last night (didn't tell friends or family). I explained that I can't be with him right now but with everyone going on with his mum, i would be there for him to talk to. He thanked me. I asked him to promise me he would see a counsellor and doctor for his mental health. He said he is and he will prove to me he has changed. But i dont know. I still love him but i dont know if i could ever trust him again, even after counselling. I know he has abandonment issues/ rejection issues but never thought he would do this to me. He's been so amazing so far in our relationship.
I just hope he gets the help he truly needs. I love you A.
Any help/opinions greatly appreciated.
TL;DR: BF broke up with me after 10 months of a perfect relationship to sleep with his ex. As soon as he did it, he wanted me back. He has major abandonment/rejection issues because of his father and his mum is dying of cancer.
[link] [comments]
from Relationships https://ift.tt/2rY1Mpm
No comments:
Post a Comment