My(M26) sister(F12) is going off the rails, police are involved. My mum wants me to try and talk to her, advice on how / what to say?
Non-Romantic
My sister 12(F) is in trouble with the police for harrasment and assault. She has been following some boys and won't leave them alone, at one point she hd on of the boys held in some kind of choke hold.
She has been talked to by her school, the police and out mother. However she keeps doing it. My mum has asked me to try and talk to her as she isn't listening to anyone else.
How should I approach this? Historically it has always been a struggle to get her to talk about her emotions, the only way I've had success before is using word association games, but I think this is a bit too serious for that!
For context I think her emotional problems are down to her father who is ver much not around He has however started another (his third) family and their photos are allover my sisters facebook. I am also sure he tells my sister that my mum is to blame for him not seeing her, in reality he needs to stick to conditions set by lawyers due to past threats he has made t my sisters life.
Another father figure, my mum's boyfriend of the last 5 years, died suddenly late last year; this could also be affecting her.
For the last 5+ years I have been one of the main adult male relationships, we are very close so I feel I could be of use, but I'm not a parent myself so feel out of my depth! Please offer advice!
TL;DR My sister is going of the rails, how do I help her back on them?
[link] [comments]
from Relationships https://ift.tt/2IlmUB9
No comments:
Post a Comment