Hello everyone,
In January 2017 my girlfriend of 6 years died after battling cancer. Her death was extremely hard on me. She was my first girlfriend ever and I don't want to start about her being the one, but let's just say I had a pretty damn good feeling we were in it for the long run. Like, I got the engagement ring and all. But before I could propose, she died during surgery and we buried her wearing the ring I never got to give her.
It has been about 1,5 year now and even though I haven't forgotten her, I've moved on in my life. I've come to terms with the fact that all that's left of her are the memories I have and a box full of stuff that reminds me of her. Said box is now on the top shelf of my closet.
For months after her death, I just wanted to be on my own. The months after that, I felt guilty every time I had fun talking to a girl or thought about a girl in a certain way. However, since a couple of weeks, I think that I've been acting like a "normal" straight guy. I even got myself to awkwardly start a conversation with a girl from my class, which I kinda started to regret now, because I have no fucking clue how dating works.
Like, when I met my late girlfriend, things were easy. She was 15, I was 16, we chatted on Facebook every evening about the most random stuff. People from our school, teachers, food we like, her cats. Like teenage shit. We didn't really hang out together since, well, we were both minors and we couldn't really go anywhere without our parents driving us (driving age is 18 here).
But now I'm 23 and I want to ask this girl out. We've already spent lunch together a couple of times, but that was in between classes and I don't think that counts as a date. So I want to ask her out. I have no clue what to do. How does a 23-year old date in 2018? How does he act in general? Like, stuff was way easier when I was 16, y'know. I have no clue how it works now.
I know I ought to take it slow and not rush things and all that stuff, but I'm soooo goddamn insecure.
tl;dr: How does dating work when you're an adult? Also, how do you like, "start" a relationship?
[link] [comments]
from Relationships https://ift.tt/2KGDQP4
No comments:
Post a Comment