Monday, 21 May 2018

I [17F] accidentally stole my friend’s [17F] long time crush [20M]

Disclaimer: we're both over the age of consent where we live.

We'll call my friend Amy and her crush Leo in this post. They're not their real names.

As far as I knew Amy and Leo knew each other for two years and had mutual interest, but weren't dating. He lives in another country, and was visiting where we live (I don't exactly know why he was coming over, might or might not be exclusively for her). I have never seen or knew of Leo before until Amy told me about him at this moment. The three of us plus a group of other people were planning on hanging out, spending a night in the same house.

So we were hanging out in a club drinking, and when other people in the group including Amy wandered off to somewhere else, Leo and I had a chance to talk to each other. The problem began here. He was flirting very heavily with me, and me being considerably drunk, reciprocated it. He suggested we go back to the house earlier than everybody else, and I agreed to it. Obviously he was trying to get it on with me.

While we were in a taxi headed to the house, I got a text from Amy saying along the lines of "thanks for ruining my night." I got my shit together as soon as I saw her text. We were pretty close friends, and I didn't want to ruin it over an issue like this. So as soon as we got to the house, I told Leo that I feel extremely wrong doing this, and while I find him attractive, I really value the friendship between Amy and I. Although he was even more drunk than me, he understood everything. When I asked him about the relationship between Amy and him, he started saying "Amy likes me but..." and did not finish the sentence. He went back to the room him and Amy were staying in.

As soon as the situation was resolved, I texted Amy back saying that I would never do her dirty, and he kept hitting on me while drunk me responded to it. I told her that nothing happened between us, and I told him to go to sleep. When she came back to the house, she came up to me and said she understands everything, and that it's not my fault. But she told me that despite the situation, she could not stop liking him.

The next day, as I was going back to my own place, Leo started texting me. I asked him what is happening between him and Amy, and he told me that Amy basically confessed her love to him, but rejected her saying that he didn't see anything happening between them. And he proceeded to tell me that he, instead, was really interested in me.

Turns out that Amy was planning on asking him out before he even landed, as I heard from a mutual friend of us, and they even had sex with each other before we hung out. So I really feel like my presence stole him away from her. The problem is that I have developed interest in him as well. As far as I know, Amy doesn't know that Leo and I still talk to each other. Amy and I are still on good terms.

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do here. If I ask Amy about this, I'm afraid if I would be awakening the memory of Leo in her when she's trying to forget him. Plus I really am interested in him too. Or maybe I'm delusional when I've known him for literally a day.

TL;DR: My friend's long time crush who she had sexual relations with and were planing on asking out has asked me out. I too am interested in him but I don't know what to do.

submitted by /u/embodimentofanxiety
[link] [comments]

from Relationships https://ift.tt/2kehSb9

No comments:

Post a Comment