Sunday, 20 May 2018

I [18F] recently met someone [25M] who wants to take me on a date. I'm not sure whether its a good idea.

A bit about me... I'm very introverted, and I've been asked out before but never actually dated anyone or even been on a date. My friends barely talk to me anymore since graduating high school (hence why I've come to reddit for advice) so I've been feeling pretty lonely lately and it would be nice to get to know someone, but the whole dating situation makes me feel a little nervous.

A guy asked for my number yesterday and he wants to see me again. The age gap between us is a bit scary but he seemed really nice when I met him. It just worries me that he's older because of my lack of experience, which I'm going to have to bring up eventually if I do decide to see him again and thats probably going to be a bit awkward. Its not everyday someone takes interest in me so maybe I should give him a chance, but thats not really a good reason to go out with someone is it? And neither is just wanting to fill the hole my friends left when they stopped talking to me. Does this seem like an appropriate time for me to stop making excuses and leave my comfort zone?

Tl;dr - I got asked out but I'm not sure if I should go because he's older and I lack dating experience.

submitted by /u/purpleranga_
[link] [comments]

from Relationships https://ift.tt/2IWyLoD

No comments:

Post a Comment