Note: I'm repeating my senior year because I got into a pretty bad car accident in February which left me out of school and unable to do work for a while.
So I met someone who goes to my school. I'm just gonna call him A. A and I start talking for a while, as friends, and I make it clear to him that I had just gotten out of a horrific joke of a relationship and the last thing I'm looking for is another one. He develops a thing for me quickly and I don't know how to tell him I'm not interested at all. Like, first off, I just got out of a shitty mistake of a relationship maybe a month ago so I want to allow myself to recover. I also have a crush on his best friend which SUCKS because I know how much he likes me so I refuse to make a move.
Today he came over and we talked for a while. I told him I wasn't looking for a relationship (blatant lie, I do want to be in one but I don't want to reject him because he and I have grown close over the past few months we've known each other so I don't want to hurt him) and that I just want to be single for a while. (Also a lie, one I felt more terrible about because that is just NOT TRUE at all, I like being in relationships but also think maybe I should take a bit of time to recover.) He said it was okay but keeps calling me his "future husband" or his "thing" or his "boo" or literally calling me his "significant other," I keep telling him I'm nothing like that but he's laughing it off as if it's a joke and I feel super guilty because I've been brushing it off for the past month and just letting it happen. I don't know how to politely tell him that I'm not interested in him at all romantically or sexually and I just want a friend. I don't do rejection too well :( I feel as if I'm too nice.
TL;DR: Friend of mine has a thing for me, keeps calling me his significant other or other pet names, I'm not interested for now because I'm interested in someone else. How do I tell him no without obliterating his feelings?
[link] [comments]
from Relationships https://ift.tt/2KJhY5N
No comments:
Post a Comment