Monday, 21 May 2018

I [19f] have suspicions my mom [36] is using my social for a credit card.

So, about 2 months ago I made the choice of moving all the way to Montana with my boyfriend. I don't and haven't ever gotten along with my mom and even now as an adult she tries to keep my personal paper and information from me. She refused to give me my birth certificate, just the certificate stating I was born abroad in the UK. It was a hassle the last 2 years because she lost my social security card, my birth certificate, and the born abroad paper many years ago and so we needed to get them all so I could even get an id because I didn't get my driver's license.

She also insisted that she order my social just before I left to send it to me instead of just ordering it weeks before. Knowing I was leaving but choosing to wait the week before. Had a huge argument before I left just to get the born abroad paper and seemed hurt when I'd tell her they're my paper and I need them. Then I dropped it because she started crying.

Every time I've texted her asking if she's sent it it's a new excuse every time. "I wasn't feeling well the past few days" "I forgot" "I haven't gotten everything together yet. I didn't even think of the possibility she's using it for her own personal gain until my boyfriend said his mom had used his social for a credit card when he was still a minor. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if she was doing this because in the past when I got inheritance from my great grandmother she took $4,000 to fix their car that STILL doesn't work and took it without my permission. Had no money left after that, was hoping to save it.

To make it worse, she's suddenly decided to ignore me and I don't know whether to wait a few more weeks or contact my other family members and tell them what I think has been going on. My mom has been in debt all her life and made a ton of bad choices that she brags about and just had been the kind of person I never wanted to turn into and that fact she may be betraying me like this makes me want to completely cut her off. If my assumption is true I don't want her in my life anymore.

tldr; Mom lost social many years ago and ordered one just before I moved out and hasn't sent it to me in the 2 months I've been living with my boyfriend. Not sure if I should wait or speak to family about my suspicions and cut her off because I believe she's using it for her own personal gain.

submitted by /u/Cute-Squishy
[link] [comments]

from Relationships https://ift.tt/2x5nSfE

No comments:

Post a Comment