Monday, 21 May 2018

Me[26M] with her[26F] - The One That Got Away

Hi r/relationships, please help me because I don't want to miss a chance here.

Background: 5 years ago I took a Japanese class. That when I met this girl. I liked her immediately. Took all my courage to talk to her. We hit it off well. Go to movie, date together couple times. But then somehow we lost contact (relevant later).

This girl is very special, even after seeing other people, It's always trace back to her. It's feel like I cannot let her go because our story has not end yet.

Fast forward to now. I currently on business trip in Japan. While surfing facebook I found her and found out she also in Japan right now.

I add her and we talk a little bit, ask how the other doing. That when she said this that confused me.

(Translation might sound weird because English is not our language)

Her: You need to be less picky if you want to find a wife for yourself.

Me: I'm not picky, I've always been easy. Why you said that?

Her: Even I'm not be able to meet your standard...

That when we found out both of us didn't know why we were separated 5 years ago.

Although not knowing who false. I asked for a chance to make it up. She replied with: "Thank you for saying that."

Here the problem: we live far apart (4 hours bullet train) and she is very busy (Learning and Working part-time) and because of the 5 years apart, we basically like strangers now. I am gonna return to our home country on November but her plan is about 1 or 2 years later.

Fate has brought us together on this far away island. I don't want to miss a chance again. Of course my timetable is more comfortable than her and I'm willing to spend it to go to her place for a date.

She even said she want to meet later(2 years) in our home country. I'm really like her but I'm not ok with waiting for someone without any official relationship.

Now before return I maybe only able to go to her place 3 or 4 times max. How can I make it right ? Go ask her out on a serious date because our time here is limit or Go for casual and test the water see if it ok ?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

tl;dr: The one got away 5 years ago. Have a chance to make it right this time. How to not mess it up?

submitted by /u/theonethatgotaway939
[link] [comments]

from Relationships https://ift.tt/2IEkVDQ

No comments:

Post a Comment