A year ago, I moved into a duplex. I am new here, and was pretty much forced to move in by myself with no help. Within a matter of minutes, Kelsie and her mom were helping me unload my truck. We had it done in a matter of a few hours. When I came back from returning the truck, they invited me to dinner. We all became fast friends.
It came up during conversation that I was gay, and they have been nothing but wonderful. Kelsie is bi, but she is also on the autism spectrum, so she doesn't try to date much. You would not know she is on the spectrum unless she tells you.
Over the past few months, I realized that I am in love with Kelsie. I do know that if I told her, she wouldn't question it because she believes sexual preference is fluid.
I realized that I have to tell her last night. She went on a date and called me crying. Her mom is out of town and she asked me to come get her. Her date had kept touching her without her permission, which is one of her issues (by issues I mean it causes a sensory meltdown.) When she wouldn't put up with it, he left her at the restaurant after she paid for the meal.
I am having a hard time coming to grips with this. I have never dated a woman before in my life, nor been attracted to one. But Kelsi absolutely lights up the room when she walks into it. She is smart, funny, and I find her absolutely beautiful.
My issue is: What if she accepts and we are compatible?
What do I tell my friends? What do I tell my parents? How do I say, "Well, I'm bisexual, I'm dating a woman." My parents always told me that being gay was just a phase, and that frustrates me to no end. I don't want them to be smug and tell me how right they are. I came out of the closet at 11.
TL;DR: I am in love with my next door neighbor. I have identified as gay since I was 11. I don't know how to come to terms with this nor what to tell people if she and I do start dating.
[link] [comments]
from Relationships https://ift.tt/2IAWH1w
No comments:
Post a Comment