Monday, 21 May 2018

My [26/F] partner [24/M] of 9 months is going traveling for 4 months and I don't know what to do as it feels like we have an expiry date

Thanks in advance for any/all response :)

I met my partner 10 months ago and we've quickly fallen for one another. However, we both have always known that he intends to travel the world for 4 months to 6 and that when he does, we will end as I am not keen to do a long-distance relationship ( Have tried it before and unfortunately, it was not successful).

The problem now is that things have gotten unexpectedly quite serious as time passes and it feels like we have an expiry date and I don't know how to act. If I initiate a breakup, I would be miserable because I really do like him and it would be a waste to not spend as much time as I can with him but if I stay with him, it's only going to get really painful and difficult when he leaves.

More so, I find myself constantly reminding myself that he is leaving so I should not get too attached and should he do something upsetting, I tend to remember it and put it on my list entitled, " This is why it would not have worked out, anyway".

I'm trying to enjoy the present for what it is but I'm cautious and am unsure of how I should proceed.


tl;dr: Don't know how to deal with the fact that my relationship has an expiry date.

submitted by /u/buttergarlicprawns
[link] [comments]

from Relationships https://ift.tt/2ICdHAj

No comments:

Post a Comment