Wednesday, 16 May 2018

Me [23 M] with my girlfriend [22 F] of 1.2 years, fight over a dog.

So recently my girlfriend got a dog without telling me (she wanted to surprise me). I told her before that I did not want a dog because I didn't want to be responsible for it. I wasn't happy that she got it, but try to hide that from her and would never make her give it up.

She agreed to be responsible for it, but got it during finals week, so she would always be out studying and sleep at her other apartment, so I was left to care for it for the first week and a half. I told her that it bothered me that she dumped him on me, to which she said "what else was I going to do, I had to study for my finals." I understood that and moved on. But now we are always arguing, over the dumbest things. I would say its a bit of both our faults, we both seem to get on each others nerves all the time now. I.E She gets mad when I call it "her dog", and I've been saying things like "it's just a dog".

In her mind she wants me to love and care for the dog, which I've told her I'm not a loving and caring person (being lovey-dovey makes me feel weird as I wasn't raise like that). I know it's a puppy but I feel like lately I have to walk on egg shells around her. We use to always joke around, but now I just seem to annoy her.

Please help reddit, I love her and hate fighting/arguing with her. What can I do? Is there anything I can do to stop being so argumentative? Is there anything I can do to stop her from what I think is "overreacting"?

TL;DR Dog is putting a strain on my relationship and I don't know what to do.

submitted by /u/snacktrapper
[link] [comments]

from Relationships https://ift.tt/2In550i

No comments:

Post a Comment