Sunday, 20 May 2018

My [17f] sister [30f] has ridiculous requirements for her wedding and I'm second guessing attending it

If there's another sub in which I can get better responses pls redirect me to it. Thanks.

But here's the issue. My sister is getting married, and she has "wedding fever". She's been planning this thing for a year, and everyone is sick of hearing about it. She FINALLY decided everything she wanted, and now the invitations are being sent. I turned down being a bridesmaid because her poor bridesmaids are suffering a lot and I also have no interest in being one. I will be attending as a guest, but am second guessing that decision because her requirements for me are complete bullshit. Sorry if this is graphic, but: she wants me to get laser hair removal (on my whole body). She also wants me to dye my hair in a lighter tone. My hair is already light brown but she wants it caramel/blonde. She wants me to a buy a specific dress that costs an arm and a leg. I can't afford that, and I won't make my parents buy it because it is ridiculous. There are reasonable requirements that even though I hate, I'll suffer through it, like wearing makeup (a very specifix style of makeup), styling my hair a certain way and wearing a dress and heels even though it's not the dress she wanted. But I'll die and go to hell before I get LASER HAIR REMOVAL and dye my hair (a PAIN) for one day. I feel like she's treating me like a prop and it's been annoying. Help??? Thanks

tl;dr: sister has unreasonable requests for me to attend her wedding, I don't think I want to go

submitted by /u/throwawaysisterw
[link] [comments]

from Relationships https://ift.tt/2KI7wvo

No comments:

Post a Comment