I have been with my boyfriend for 6 months. It’s been all fine and dandy until last night. We came home from a bar, he had three drinks, I had one, neither of us were drunk but I wanted to add this in case someone thinks it’s relevant.
I was changing into pajamas, I obviously let my boyfriend see me naked all the time and last night was no different. He stops me from putting on my pajama shorts to touch my butt but then he says “you really need to do some squats” I moved away from him and said “are you fucking kidding me” and he immediately said “I didn’t mean to say it I’m sorry”
Some background, I am recovering from Anorexia, I was anorexic into the first month we were dating and was in total for about a year. I had been doing a lot better recently and we had come a long way, I used to not be able to eat in front of him. I also used to work out 3 times a day while eating only 500 calories. I lost 60 pounds in 5 months because of my ED and have been trying to be healthy again. I can not work out because i become to obsessed and restrictive. He knows this.
I ended up turning out the light to go to sleep, he went for a walk. When he came back he said he was sorry and he doesn’t know why he said it, that he didn’t mean it. I did not have much to say but I let him talk. I simply told him I just don’t know if I will feel comfortable being naked in front of him for a long time and that I don’t know how I want to proceed. He did stay the night, on the couch, and then drove me to work this morning in silence.
Am I over reacting? I am at a loss and have no idea what to do. All I know is that I feel absolutely heart broken and that I’ve never felt more insecure now in a relationship.
TLDR: boyfriend made hurtful comment about my body and now I don’t know how to handle it or if I’m overreacting.
[link] [comments]
from Relationships https://ift.tt/2KGIfRU
No comments:
Post a Comment