Monday, 21 May 2018

My [31M] wife [28F] feels insecure because of one of my student's [20sF] actions

I'm 31M, my wife is 28F, and the student in question is in her early 20s. My wife and I have a very secure and loving relationship. We've been married for 4 years now and we have two wonderful kids. My wife is a stay-at-home and she takes care of the house, the kids, and the cleaning. I take care of the repairs and the money.

I work as a speaker and professor at an very good university. Every summer I have a few students help me as Research Assistants and I have them work on some ongoing projects of mine. In return they get to put that on their resume and it helps them a lot with interviews etc. Now Student has been an RA of mine for three years in a row. She's exceptionally bright and this is the summer going into her Senior year, so this is by far the most important year of research out of the three.

My wife has met Student several times because I invite my wife every time that I take my RAs out dinner, and my wife comes along about 25% of the time. My wife is 100% convinced that Student has feelings for me. Yesterday she said that Student was giving me "fuck me" eyes throughout dinner.

Things are made worse by something that happened earlier this year. My second child was born in February and all my students knew about it because I was so excited. I had also had to run out of class the second week of February because my wife entered labor while I was still teaching. That Valentine's Day, Student gave me a box of chocolates and a card. She said that I probably didn't get a Valentine's Day gift from my wife (which was true), and she wanted to make sure that I got one. I interpreted this as a joke but I still reprimanded Student and told her that she'd be in trouble if she tried something like this again. But I didn't think much of it because it seemed harmless.

My wife thinks that that one Valentine's Day incident and Student's "attitude" towards me are clear indicators that she's into me. I don't want to kick Student out of her summer research because this is right before interviews start and it would be a huge setback for her. How do I make my wife happy without screwing Student over?


TLDR Student gave me a gag-gift for Valentine's Day. Wife thinks that Student is into me because of this gift and because of Student's "fuck me" eyes when she looks at me.

submitted by /u/UnableStar
[link] [comments]

from Relationships https://ift.tt/2wZCbSV

No comments:

Post a Comment