My son went to some party in williamsburg with his friends, I told him to be back by 2-3am at the very latest. I called him before I went to bed at midnight, and he sounded pretty tipsy/drunk, and I told him if the subways aren't working he can charge an uber to get home if he wants. Hes gone to parties a bunch of times before in Brooklyn, I didn't mind as long as he didn't go to some dangerous area or as long as he didn't get too drunk.
So at 3:30am, I hear him go into the house with someone giggling, a girl it sounded like. They then went down to the basement where I couldn't hear him anymore. I thought it was just another one of his girlfriends or something, I was a bit mad but not mad enough to go down there and yell at him. I know he uses protection.
In the morning, I heard some rumbling downstairs, and when I called down to see who it was, the person just ran out the door. I looked out the window to see who it was... that was not one of his girlfriends, that was a women well into her 30s, a full grown adult. I right away freaked out, like what the fuck?
I went downstairs... she stole a bunch of stuff. I noticed she had a huge garbage bag when she left. My microwave, the nintendo switch, and a jar of coins with maybe 40-60 bucks worth of coins in it. I went downstairs, my son was on the basement couch just in his boxers, I figured they for sure had sex. I yelled at him to get up, I was so mad I honestly didn't even know what to say. I just told him that the girl he brought home stole a bunch of stuff from our kitchen and living room and what was he thinking bringing home someone that old. He was clearly very hungover. I called the cops and made him give them the description of what she looked like (she kind of looked like Dee from Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia, according to him, no clue who that is but two of the cops knew).
Cops said they would keep an eye out, but honestly, I doubt they would find her. My son only knew her first name, and it was a super common name. So my son went off to work, hes coming home in about 3 hours...
I just have no idea what to say. This is an incredible lack of judgement to bring someone so old home like that. For one, he is only 17, and he just had sex with a 34 year old. He knew how old she was. I asked him if maybe she took advantage of him, or maybe he was just wasted and couldn't consent, but no, he said it was nothing like that and that he flirted with her first. Not only that but she looked... raggedy. If that's a way to describe it. She almost looked a tiny bit like a prostitute when I saw her, just based on her outfit. I know obviously you shouldn't just judge someone for their outfit... but it very much looked that way. I figured she was a drug addict or something stealing from us to feed her addiction, but like, how did my son not pick up that he shouldn't have brought someone like that HOME?
I just am so weirded out by this lack of judgement on his part. There are so many questionable decisions here. He has to have known I would have been furious by him bringing such an older women home, let alone someone like that. He isn't some bad kid. Me and him are very honest with each other 95% of the time. Hes going to a great college next year.
So what am I supposed to do or even say? Hes going to college next month. I feel weird grounding him at this age. But I feel like I have to punish him SOMEHOW, even if he is too old. He already said he would pay me back for the missing stuff, so that is fine on his end. But just... ugh, i dont even know! What am I supposed to do?
TL;DR - - Son brought home a 34 year old girl from a party, and she proceeded to steal a bunch of stuff from us.
[link] [comments]
from Relationships https://ift.tt/2Ljktwq
No comments:
Post a Comment