Monday, 21 May 2018

My boyfriend [28M] is a part-time racer. He hurt himself in a race a while ago, but he wants to jump right back into racing and I’m [25F] scared.

My boyfriend (just celebrated our 2nd anniversary) is a “car guy”. He spends alot of time and money on fixing up cars. He takes these cars racing (legally, closed track) at least once a month, usually more.

About a month ago he wound up getting into a wreck. It looked bad (I was sure for about a second I had just watched him die), but he wound up walking away with a broken arm and some other more minor injuries. I was absolutely scared out of my mind after that and he (wisely) didn’t bring up racing again for the last couple weeks.

Then last night I found him looking at the schedule for his favorite track. We wound up talking about it and he made it very clear that he intends to hop right back to it as soon as his arm is healed up enough.

I probably should have known, but I guess in the moment I was taken aback and I remembered exactly the state of mind I was in when I watched him crash. I lost my cool a little bit and told him he was going to wind up getting killed over these damned races. I asked whats going to happen when he dies in the next wreck, he got cheeky and answered something like “Go out having fun?” That did not make me feel better!

We had a minor argument and I wound up crying and begging him not to start races. He didn’t agree to that, but we mutually agreed to put it to rest until our emotions are in a better state.

I’m not sure what to do now. I know he loves what he does and I don’t want to take it from him, but holy shit, I’ve experienced thinking that he was going to die once and I know I positively do not want to ever feel that again. I love him more than I love anything, and I hate the thought of him risking himself like that again!

Mot to mention he has already gotten in minir trouble with his day-job for getting himself hurt and not being able to do all of his dities at work.

How can I handle this? We can both be stubborn people when we think we are right. He’s not going to want to give up racing, I’m going to hate that he does it, and I love him too much to break up. Help?!??

TL;DR: Boyfriend got hurt in a racing accident, wants to go right back to it as soon as he heals up. Im terrified.

submitted by /u/Natural_Original
[link] [comments]

from Relationships https://ift.tt/2keFbSa

No comments:

Post a Comment