I grew up in a city and have been pretty used to the level of convenience and modernization it offers me. My husband grew up in a small town and only came to the city later in life.
His parents are nice people in general (kind hearted) with some extreme living habits.
Whenever we go to his home town to visit, I will be confronted with these issues:
-
His mum is obsessed with cleanliness and refuses to open any doors or windows in the house! We live in a tropical climate. No air conditioning. (She fears that flies or cockroaches will enter her home). This makes the place extremely stuffy and I can't breathe. It's like being in a sauna. I've given my feedback but she is steadfast.
-
His parents insist on finishing every scrap of food on the table. This means drinking the salty sauce left over from meat dishes, licking every scrap of meat off every bone. Finishing off every grain of rice. Basically, we need to do this even when we are stuffed. And when I am too full, my husband will need to eat my food. (oh yes, they are Chinese)
-
His mum has the habit of repeating everything she says to anyone at least 3 times. I seriously don't know how to handle it.
There's really nothing to do in the town except stay home and visit the supermarket. No public transport and I can't go around by myself because they think its unsafe to do so. My hubby loves his parents and wants to spend family time whenever we go back.
td;lr I'm trying my best to join in but these above factors are making me really uncomfortable (physically). The longest trip I can bear making there is 4-5 days. Any advice? Anyone been there before?
[link] [comments]
from Relationships https://ift.tt/2IzePIT
No comments:
Post a Comment