Thursday 12 March 2020

4 Wedding Planning Tips for the Wedding You Want

Bride And Groom Walking In Front Of Sunflower Field

If the thought of planning a wedding is giving you pre-wedding jitters already then read this account with wedding planning advice from a “non-planner bride” to learn what it takes.

I am NOT a great planner, so imagine how I felt when I was proposed to. I know that sounds weird because ‘wedding planning’ – that’s every girl’s dream, right?

They’ve imagined their wedding since they were a little girl, complete with stuff like:

Princess dress

Famous attendees

Kardashian-esk party décor

Yeah, not me.

A baby shower was a challenge for me. A baby shower! One party!

While I am not done with this crazy process yet, I’d like to share some relevant tips for those “non-wedding dreamers” like myself.

As with most circumstances in life, people tend to give you the same advice on how to prepare for a wedding.

You’re about to jump out of a window from nerves because of an upcoming interview;

“Just be yourself.”

You’re pregnant;

“Eat this, not that.”

You’re stressed from the thought of all the future trends and things to consider when planning a wedding;

“Do what YOU want.”

Can some wedding planning advice be annoying? Heck yes! Some, you will follow, and some you will pretend was spoken in another language.

But one of my first wedding planning tips is from the third example above…

1. Do what YOU want.

A Man With A Sign In His Hand That Says Do What You Want

Who in the world is this day for? YOU! (OK, fine your hubby or hubbies too).

My point is, not your mom, not your dad, not even Aunt Glenda, who’s on her last leg, and her dying wish is to see her first niece get married.

If in your heart of hearts, you don’t want to do the whole big wedding shebang, just don’t!

If, with everything you have, you don’t want to find a wedding party, find entertainment, whatever typical component it may be, don’t!

You won’t be happy, you know it. You don’t want to be miserable for a whole year preparing, planning the wedding things to do.

And the worst part would be that not only do you not want in your heart, but you’re not even good at it.

You can keep that bridal shower, doh!

Now on that note, I will say…

2. Excitement will come

Excitable Bride In Armchair Cheering For Wedding

If you’re in the place of, “Meh, I don’t really want the whole big thing, but I’m OPEN to giving it a whirl,” I’ll tell ya, you’ll find that you’ll start to feel the excitement.

Knocking things off of a list when you don’t EVER do that kind of stuff or even thought that you could, feels amazing.

It feels amazing in any situation, so when it’s this huge event in your life that YOU’RE taking care of, it’s extra awesome. Ooo, look at what I can do, self-esteem points!

Next…

If you do decide to have a more conventional wedding planning, watch these hacks that every bride should know:

Also, here are some wedding planning statistics to open your eyes.

3. Think before you do. Keep it simple

A Woman Hand Writing A Note With A Fountain Pen On A Notebook

Oh my goodness, you just booked a venue for a year from now!

There’s soooo much to do, like immediately. And you don’t even want to do it! Nooooo, it’s ok. Just don’t overthink it.

Your invite list, for example, who is REALLY in your life? Don’t be afraid to condense.

Did they invite you to their stuff? Probably not. You don’t have to jump to invite every living person.

You also don’t have to jump to get the best of the best…anything.

Know a friend who takes amazing pictures? Throw her a couple of bucks and book her.

Have a super crafty bridesmaid? Girls night! Does your little brother have a band? Done! Ok, maybe not that last one. Unless, of course, they’re Adam Levine-y.

My point with all of this is don’t just do because you think you’re on a time crunch.

Think first:

Is that really what you want?

When was the last time you even talked to that person?

Is there an easier, cheaper way or alternative?

And now my final piece of wedding planning advice is this –

4. Let’s face it. Everything always works out.

Know that. Keep that in your pretty head. Think about specific times when it did!

There have been so many events in my life that I’ve been anxious and worried about.

Like, losing sleep worried. (Losing sleep? Ridiculous, that should never be a thing). For me, those events have ALWAYS worked out.

I was once given the notice to move out of my apartment that I was in love with while pregnant with nowhere else to go.

Don’t even ask me how the timing worked out, but a day after I moved, I was moving into a new house that my fiancé bought. (That wasn’t quite the plan yet).

Who even closes on a house that fast? It just all worked out.

And the baby shower I mentioned in the beginning, I was at a loss. Again, just not good at planning that stuff. Well, it worked out, swimmingly, in fact.

It works out because you, somehow, make it work out.

Eloping? It’ll be perfect and will work out.

Having a micro wedding? (Side note; check it out if you haven’t already, it’s so cute and upcoming). It’ll be amazing. And people will understand the short guest list.

Whatever you choose, it’s going to be a beautiful day!

The post 4 Wedding Planning Tips for the Wedding You Want appeared first on Marriage.com Blog.



from Marriage.com Blog https://ift.tt/39LY6eX

No comments:

Post a Comment