Thursday 22 November 2018

Who Is the One One You Are Ready to Ride the Tide of Relationship With?

Who Is the One One You Are Ready to Ride the Tide of Relationship With?

Do you have a relationship with that person in your life that knows what you are feeling, even when you don’t necessarily want them to, even when you think you are doing a good job of hiding those feelings?

That same person can just sense when you are not feeling like yourself.

Ladd is my person. He just looks at me and knows. Many times I try to hide if I am sad or crabby about something, but he always knows.

Moments shared together

Last Saturday was no different.

We had a date night planned, as I’ve mentioned, we always have an adventure on our dates and I get so excited for that time together.

We normally go out with no real agenda and see where the night takes us.

Knowing the way to the heart

Knowing the way to the heart

I was needing this date night and wanting this time alone with him, but there was this nagging sadness inside of me.

I had something on my mind all day that was leaving me feeling empty inside. I’m sure you know the feeling. It’s a thief that steals your energy and leaves you feeling blah and weary.

Ladd has this way about him. I know when he begins to sense something is wrong.

I know when I’m not doing a very good job about hiding how I’m feeling, but my stubborn self often won’t let it out. He has this calm way about him that opens my heart and lets him in. He doesn’t push. He doesn’t try to fix. He just patiently waits for me.

Sometimes it’s hours and sometimes it’s days, but he always gives me the time. And when I’m ready, he is there.

So last Saturday I was sitting on the floor looking for socks in the closet, he comes in and leans against the door frame.

We make small talk about how these unmatched socks always frustrate me. Then he calmly comes in and sits down on the floor across from me.

He doesn’t really say anything. He just sits. And that kind, the loving gesture was all it took. All of my sadness came bubbling over. I couldn’t hold back the tears any longer.

He listened with a compassionate and caring heart, as he always does, and slowly as all of these pressed down emotions spilt over, I began to feel better.

The tears went away and we were able to go out and enjoy our night together.

Who would you sit in the closet for?

Is there someone in your life that needs your gentle presence so they can share their feelings in the relationship?

Sometimes we get so busy in life that we don’t take the time to notice when that friend, co-worker, or loved one needs someone to listen.

I encourage you to be on the lookout this week for someone who needs you to sit in the closet with them and offers the best things that any relationship has to offer to the couples.

The post Who Is the One One You Are Ready to Ride the Tide of Relationship With? appeared first on Marriage.com Blog.



from Marriage.com Blog https://ift.tt/2PI6IgO

No comments:

Post a Comment