Tuesday 22 May 2018

I [23/F] feel uncomfortable with the intensity of my relationship with my boyfriend [22 M] of 9 months?

I don't know, I love him, a lot, and I'm at the point where I'm telling him "I love you" everyday and really meaning it. We both have agreed that we are very compatible and would like to be with each other indefinitely.

But--I guess I'm just a cold bitch?? I've always been like this: I'm comfortable spending half of the week without my partner. I'm highly independent. He, on the other hand, gets upset a night apart, wants to have crazy-intense sex on a daily basis, and wants to spend time we should be working cuddling. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy and I love him, its just that I'm having a hard time burning my flame so hot all the time. I love the affection, but it's emotionally draining, especially the really long and intense sex. I just feel like its unsustainable. It's got me thinking that he's just drunk on love and once the high wears off that none of this will matter. I feel like he's eating me up like a candy you over-consume before realizing its not that great.

I'm drunk on love too, its just that I'm thinking we might have different attachment styles? I feel like I'm a plant that is being over-watered with affection. I don't want to push him away or make him think that I don't care. But how is this all supposed to work? How long can a man be obsessed with a single woman? I'm an emotional snail and I'm at the point where things have already gone too fast for me. I'm feeling terribly vulnerable because I've already fallen in love. Does anyone have any advise to help me deal with this phase of my relationship?

TL;DR: Was wondering if anyone has experience/advise navigating the intensity of a young relationship for someone who is somewhat emotionally slow/distant.

submitted by /u/falsesemblance
[link] [comments]

from Relationships https://ift.tt/2KH3nre

No comments:

Post a Comment