Wednesday 23 May 2018

My boyfriend [28M] has developed a fast relationship with a new coworker and I [28F] told him it is making me uncomfortable.

My boyfriend and I work for the same organization. He started there one month ago. Last week, his department had a banquet that he has known about since he started. He asked me to go with him and I accepted. I bought a formal dress since that was the required attire and set my plans out to make it. Then last Wednesday, he says that they had already gotten a final count before he could get my ticket. I thought this was strange but brushed it off..

Fast forward to Friday—after work he comes over to my car window and tells me bye and gets in a blonde girl’s vehicle-just them two. I ask who it is and he says a coworker that is giving him a ride because they both have to come back by our workplace afterwards anyway. I say okay. This event starts at 6pm. He comes home at 1am. Tells me it was busy and drawn out and sorry that he didn’t make it back till so late. The whole night I didn’t hear from him but I see him follow a girl on Instagram during the banquet hours. I check out the profile—it’s the girl he got in the car with.

Fast forward to tonight and I see this girl’s name pop up on his phone as a message on Snapchat. I immediately get suspicious because imo snapchat is sketchy. I open it out of anger and see she put “yeah I know it was crazy haha 😜” and then I see that they are best friends on there. That set me off because that confirms he has talked to her a lot. I confront him. He gets mad and says that he added her on snap when they were working a table at the banquet because he needed to message her about work and that now they talk throughout the day at work about office stuff. I tell him bullshit and we get in a big argument. Find out that allegedly she is engaged and nothing is going on. However, he also tells me they have cubicles right beside each other and still feel the need to chat on Snapchat all day?? And that nothing is happening but he did admit he thinks she is pretty. I think this is so disrespectful to me and our relationship but he says I am blowing it out of proportion and being crazy. I just think it is too much suspicious activity for nothing to be going on. I need opinions so I know rather I am crazy or justified in my reaction.

TL;DR! Am I [28F] overreacting to boyfriend [28M] developing fast relationship with new coworker.

submitted by /u/wheredidigorogue
[link] [comments]

from Relationships https://ift.tt/2IYyh1g

No comments:

Post a Comment