Tuesday 22 May 2018

I [25f] recently got engaged and someone anonymously messaged me telling me that my partner is a "master manipulator", warning me to be "careful". I'm confused.

I've been in a relationship with my partner since I was a teenager. He is 30. We met when I was 15 and have been in a relationship ever since. He proposed recently, and I was over the moon. I said yes, obviously, and the wedding is happening in 2020.

However, someone messaged me anonymously. I can't transcript the message right now because I am at work but it was about my fiancé being a "master manipulator". The person warned me to be careful about him and to never depend on him for anything. Part of it read "don't allow yourself to be in the position where you've become so enamored that you can't escape. Have a backup plan. You'll need it the most when you thought everything was going fine."

I'm writing this because ever since I received that message, I'm unable to focus on anything else. I want to believe it's someone trying to poison my relationship but I honestly can't think about anyone close to us who would do that, and I literally haven't shared the big news with anyone yet. How does that person know we're engaged? I find it a huge coincidence that the message was sent after we got engaged. Too much of a coincidence for it not to have been done purposefully. Should I talk to my fiancé about him? Tell the police? What can I do?

tl;dr: someone sent me a message telling me to stay away from my partner because he is manipulative, right after we got engaged. I'm confused.

submitted by /u/Puzzled_Doubt
[link] [comments]

from Relationships https://ift.tt/2KH3rqY

No comments:

Post a Comment