Wednesday 23 May 2018

Me [33 F] with my [33 M] husband, he says no male friends.

I had met someone who had similar interests to me, which is very hard for me. I have an unusual personality. I made it clear to them I was married and believed in monogamy and they were fine with that and just meeting to potentially be friends. I told my partner that i was going to go meet them at the library, and he looked at me warily and said is it a guy or a girl, I said a guy and he said it wasn't okay. So I had to write a very embarrassing email to them telling them I couldn't meet them or contact them again.

Basically he won't let me have any male friends. I also had to let go of a highschool friend of mine who we never had had a relationship with as well, on account of him seeming 'weird,' to him. With this person he thinks that eventually down the line something could happen. And then he just said that people should not be friends with someone of the opposite gender at all when married (I am going to school online at home, so coworkers don't exist for me, except in a very remote sense). i don't know that many people in this city also cause i stay home for school. So I was trying to branch out.

We've been married almost 8 years now and I have never been unfaithful to him. I feel like this is very controlling of me. And I don't think this is a healthy thing in a marriage. I am very upset. He talked to his friend and his friend agrees with him and he said something akin to men only want females around them cause they have a sexual interest.

I have overlooked so many things in our marriage, but this is bothering me, because it just feels like he is trying to contain me and that he doesn't trust me. I just can't get over that feeling, and feel like everything is fine. He keeps expecting that i will just be okay and forget it.

can you have friends of opposite gender when married? is this controlling behavior to not allow this? TL;DR

submitted by /u/LalkGhirken
[link] [comments]

from Relationships https://ift.tt/2rZDXhM

No comments:

Post a Comment