Wednesday 23 May 2018

My boyfriend’s [24M] co-worker [early20’sF] goes out of her way to do nice things for him and I [21F] feel insecure. What to do?

Forgive me for jumping from one piece of information to the next and then back again. I’m just feeling anxious and also on mobile.

We’ve been together over 2 years.

When I first voiced my feelings about Ashley being very flirtatious, my boyfriend James was understanding. He agreed that she seemed very attention seeking but he denied she liked him in any way. I told him I felt a bit uncomfortable by her but since they have to work together closely on projects, he said he would be careful not to give off the wrong message by accident or whatever.

Over time, Ashley has been doing really nice things for James. For instance earlier this week, James had scratched his car and Ashley noticed and asked a lot about it and then went to her car to get some supplies to clean the scratch off his car. James said it was a nice thing she did but maintains that ‘she would’ve done it for anyone.’ He says this but she’s come across as very forward - sending a couple fb messages even after she doesn’t get a response, attempting to comb his hair with her brush, showing him her belly to show off a new piercing, complain about her boyfriend being a POS to James, was eager to tell James that she was newly single etc. I mean, I can’t imagine doing these things unless it was to someone I was interested in .. right? Am I going crazy?

I should include that James did not tell me she cleaned his car until I asked him the next day. He said he didn’t want to worry me over nothing, which I guess makes sense. Also, James has told me multiple times that he is not interested in Ashley even if he was single. He said he wouldn’t have to be careful because even if she gets the wrong message, he wouldn’t be interested anyway.

She works in a male dominated field so there are guys everywhere.

I’m worried because I’ve encountered an ‘Ashley’ before in my previous relationship and it ruined everything. Right now, James and Ashley don’t hang or talk outside of work but they do occasionally go on smoke breaks together with another friend of theirs. I’m worried that Ashley won’t respect my relationship and it seems like she’s trying very hard to get close to James but why? If they’re not close friends by now (over 6 months) surely he’s not interested and any normal person would stop right?

Maybe I’m just thinking too much into this? It makes me uncomfortable. What do I do? Should I just let it go? I trust my boyfriend but I know he’s easily influenced. Also, when he and his previous gf were together, a girl kissed him in a club and he didn’t stop it. He says he’s learnt a lot from that now (was 20 at the time), and would never do it again and he’s never given me a reason to not trust him. But I also feel like I’m just waiting to see whether Ashley can sweep him away again like what happened in my previous relationship.

TLDR; boyfriend’s co-worker getting too friendly with him. How to deal?

submitted by /u/throwingthisaway2552
[link] [comments]

from Relationships https://ift.tt/2kiaZW4

No comments:

Post a Comment