Wednesday 23 May 2018

I'm [25F] finding myself crushing on a coworker, but I'm in a long-term relationship... Tips on how to get over stupid teenage crushes?

In short, my boyfriend [28M] and I have been together five years -we've been living together for about 6 months now. I know that it is normal/not strange to get crushes on people even when you're in love with your partner - those little, puppy-love-style crushes which affect you pretty much immediately, but don't have any substance. I'm used to them being on people that I don't have to see much, or can choose to not see at all (ie the cute barista at your local coffee place, or someone who works out at your gym), so it's easy to get rid of the crush - just avoid them for a while, and it goes away.

However, I've recently developed a crush on a co-worker, who is also in a long-term relationship, and I just really want to get over it, but it's hard when I have to see him and talk to him every day in my relatively small office. He's very attractive and sweet and intelligent, but we don't know each other very well.

Basically, I'm looking for tips on how to get over a crush when they're someone you have to see every day, because I'm sick of the guilt that comes with these empty crushes when I've got a boyfriend I love at home.

Tl;dr - Have a crush on a guy at work, but I'm also in a committed relationship. Tips on how to get over a silly crush?

submitted by /u/noraseven
[link] [comments]

from Relationships https://ift.tt/2IGrmdR

No comments:

Post a Comment