Wednesday 23 May 2018

Me (f, 27) dealing with someone (f, 26) posting about me on social media.

I (27, f) am a maid of honor at my friend’s (27, f) wedding. I am planning a bachelorette party for the bride and while we are less than 5 months away, I started the process a little early because I know I’m going to be really busy this summer and because I’m coordinating the party with two other women as well. It’s actually a weekend long event (so multi parts) so there is coordination needed in terms of booking hotel rooms and whatnot. Because of that, I needed to get a count of many women were interested in staying at the hotel overnight. its a large group and I only had asked for a headcount if you were planning to spend the night. I didn’t need a final RSVP for the entire event yet - I get that it’s far out. I couldn’t give anyone a final estimate because I haven’t booked the hotel (since I need to know who is coming first) and because we are so far out, we haven’t calculated any final costs yet. I told the group this and everyone seemed fine with it. Those who asked a ballpark, I told them 100-150 per person. This one girl, let’s call her Kelly, (26, f) instead of mentioning anything to me, decided to go on social media and vent about me passive aggressively saying who plans an event without giving cost estimates etc. This was upsetting because I have been putting a lot of time and effort to make this nice for the bride and I don’t appreciate someone putting me on blast for everyone to see. It’s childish and immature. I guess I am venting but I am not sure how to proceed with Kelly moving on. She is coming to the event but not staying the hotel although I stated from the beginning that the entire weekends cost will be split evenly between all guests who attend even if they don’t spend the night at the hotel. The hotel will also be used as part of the event for everyone to come, eat, and have drinks. Kelly seems upset at that as well. I’m not sure if I should tell the bride about Kelly and her behavior. I have a feeling that Kelly may not want to pay the full amount and cause a scene because she seems like that. Honestly, I have been nice to her any time I have met her but she has this weird, goth emo personality and seems dramatic. She never once even voiced her concerns to me about her - just went and posted about me.

Td;lr: planning a bachelorette for my friend and this guest is posting me about on her social media because she is upset at the way I am planning it. How do I handle this with her and do I mention it to the bride?

submitted by /u/aj4ever
[link] [comments]

from Relationships https://ift.tt/2s7lRcK

No comments:

Post a Comment