Wednesday 23 May 2018

My girlfriend[25f] mad at me [34m] for not giving her a gift for birthday. Should I just walk?

So I am in a long distance relationship.

  • I flew 6000 miles for my gf of 3 month's birthday ($1500 roundtrip)
  • I booked a trip to Disney and booked a hotel. Everything paid by me. Tickets, hotels, etc.
  • Got her a cake to come exactly at 12am and wished her happy birthday
  • I was dead tired, but gave her a massage, etc.
  • Took her to a nice restaurant, didn't hesitate to spend money on food / experience.

Well... at the end of the trip, she said "where's my gift?"

and I was confused thinking the trip was the gift and so I said it's on the way.. give me some time to get it.

She is also upset at that I didn't wish her happy birthday before I left that night ( I did say it several times. When the clock turned 12am, throughout the day, I was just turned off at the end of the day.)

I understand she's probably tired from the whole day at Disney so I just apologized, but from her story about her ex, her ex left exactly the same way (after a birthday trip he planned and she gave a fit and wanted to leave early. Don't know too much detail here).

TLDR : My gf of 3 months seems to not appreciate anything I do. Should I just leave while it's early?

Update : Thank you guys so much. I thought it was some of that "Love Language" nonsense and maybe I was upset for something that can be fixed. I'm assured that she's in the wrong. I'll sleep on it, but will let her know how I feel. Either way, I think we're just different kinds of people. I value experience, she values material.

submitted by /u/scottsanjr
[link] [comments]

from Relationships https://ift.tt/2IH8XJA

No comments:

Post a Comment