Tuesday 22 May 2018

I (24m) am scared to end thing with my girlfriend (26f) of 3 years

My girlfriend and I have a lot of issues in our relationship... issues that as I get older I can’t see myself being okay with 5 or 10 years down the road, I have this overwhelming feeling that I need to end things with her before I waste anymore of our time in a dead relationship, not because she’s a bad person or has done anything to me, but because these issues she has which she is unwilling to change have bothered me a lot and the longer we are together the more and more they bother me.

At the same time, I wonder if there is something wrong with me? Like I can’t help but think that I’m making a huge mistake ending things with her because of my general attitude in the relationship as well. (I have anger issues, I don’t communicate with her well, mainly I shut down because I feel anything I say gets misconstrued and makes her upset and turns into a fight, I smoke to much weed which doesn’t help the communication issue either)

I also feel like I shut down because there is just an issue that needs to be addressed everyday and it’s exhausting to constantly discuss things all the time, everyday... and I feel like they are very trivial things (for example she wanted to discuss me “putting her on the spot” by asking her if she wanted a burger to eat after work in front of my parents who were also over for supper, I told her it wasn’t a big deal and that I was trying to be nice and she then said it was a big deal to her, I then said everything was a big deal to her, which turned into a 3 hour fight... I shouldn’t have said that but I feel it’s true)

I don’t know what to do... help?

TL;DR - I have this nagging feeling I need to break up with my girlfriend but at the same time another part of me thinks I’m making a huge mistake if I do

submitted by /u/throwaway4257821
[link] [comments]

from Relationships https://ift.tt/2IWiNuz

No comments:

Post a Comment