Tuesday 22 May 2018

Am I [21/M] a bad person?

My girlfriend [20] had been dating for over a year. She was my first girlfriend and first girl I loved. We had our differences that caused fights but we got past it because we love eachother. When I met her my anxiety was terrible but she helped me and supported me while I went to therapy and it’s a lot better now.

She studied abroad in London (I’m from Boston) for 4 months and we made that work too. However she got back in January and things just weren’t the same. She said that it would be hard to adjust and I was ready to be there for her. She stayed with me for a week and things just weren’t how they used to be. She’s back home (she lives a few states away) for a month and her depression is worse than ever and it started to effect my happiness too. We keep fighting and finally decided that’s the end of things.

She kept saying she wishes I was more supportive. I tried but I just couldn’t do it anymore and I was unhappy. Plus our differences became more apparent and I think we just grew apart. However I can’t help but feel like a bad person because I really love her and hurt her I think.

TL;DR: girlfriend and I grew apart after long distance but I couldn’t handle her depression and I feel like a bad person.

submitted by /u/Sheehan7
[link] [comments]

from Relationships https://ift.tt/2x1RVES

No comments:

Post a Comment