Wednesday 23 May 2018

Me [30 M] with my wife [27 F] one year, My wife suddenly asked for a divorce

It was really unexpected Sunday morning (over text on our one year anniversary) and I still don't understand her reasons. I went to a therapist today and talked about her complaints as I understood it and he agrees these are issues that typically don't lead to conflict, much less divorce. I begged her all day Sunday for couples counseling but she's not open to it and leaving on a trip abroad soon (which I had no idea was happening). We Facetimed last night and she promised she's never cheated on me. Just wasn't happy with me. No arguments, no tension, no silent treatment. She seemed so happy. I am shell shocked.

I'm having a hard time giving her space. She's moved out. We're going to meet this Friday (to say goodbye I guess?). Sunday was a day of trying to find out what happened and begging to have her back. Monday was a day of getting the idea of how to proceed and finding lawyers. Today was silent treatment beyond arranging a meeting for Friday. The song "Let her go" came on the radio at work and I broke down and was sent home.

What do I even discuss with her? How do I approach this?

tl;dnr I'm devestated and she wants to meet. What do?

submitted by /u/Throwawaymarriedto
[link] [comments]

from Relationships https://ift.tt/2GHhCKu

No comments:

Post a Comment