Tuesday 22 May 2018

I'm [29M] having strange dreams about my late twin sister and can't seem to get over her favorite song. How to cope?

My sister died 6 years ago. She struggled with a mental illness through high school and college and decided to end her life. It was extremely difficult to cope with it, to say the least. Our father was never really close to us so she always felt like my closest and almost only family member.

I keep getting really strange dreams about her. I mean, dreams are strange, yeah, but in the dreams that I remember I wake up feeling really... I don't know. In some cases, I'm sleeping in my room and she wakes me up and tells to go with her, but when we go to the hall it's all overrun by plants, we walk down the hall and cuddle sitting on the ground inside a tree. We don't really speak after she wakes me up. This one dream repeats a lot, with some slight variations.

I can't really describe how it feels after I wake up, but it's like wishing I could open my wardrobe door to find a long hallway where she'll be any time I want to see her, and we'll walk to the woods and share a tent and blanket during the night (???). It is all very oddly specific and really strange.

And my wife keeps playing my sister's favorite song frequently and I have also randomly listened to it passing by homes and diners around here and such, which is very unusual because it's a song from 1990 by a pretty obscure band (obscure for most people around here, it's actually a praised, well known band).

So, this is all very weird and very dream-like, even tough I can tell when I'm dreaming and awake.

Why am I suddenly feeling all these weird stuff for no apparent reason? How do I handle it?

tl;dr: I keep having dreams about my late sister and listening to her favorite song in the most unthinkable places. What is going on and why do I suddenly feel like this?

submitted by /u/weirdsongpoppingup
[link] [comments]

from Relationships https://ift.tt/2IEnE04

No comments:

Post a Comment